Amoxicillin Clavulanate Potassium
Medopharm is a Leading Amoxicillin Clavulanate manufacturer and supplier in India offering high quality Clav products to over 100+ countries.
Medopharm has been in the forefront of manufacturing of major generic formulations such as Co-Amoxiclav Tablets, dry syrup and suspensions.
The complete spectrum of Amoxicillin Potassium Clavulanate manufacturing involves the formulation, development, preparation of documentation for international regulatory approvals, and product validation for Co-Amoxiclav export manufacturing.
The combination of Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate as a treatment option comes under the banner of Co-Amoxiclav. The therapeutic use of Amoxiclav is antibiotic and works by treating bacterial infections. The Clavulanate Potassium in the Co-Amoxiclav formulations enhances the action of amoxicillin against the bacteria.
The addition of Clavulanate with Amoxicillin broadens the spectrum of Amoxiclav in fighting against beta-lactamase-producing strains and other bacterial species. Potassium Clavulanate, also known as Clavulanic acid, is a beta-lactamase inhibitor that prevents certain beta-lactamases producing bacteria from inactivating the Amoxicillin.
Amoxicillin Clavulanate Potassium uses
- Upper respiratory tract infections in the regions of nasal passages, sinuses etc. that includes sinusitis
- Lower respiratory tract infections in the regions of the lungs and airways that includes bronchitis and pneumonia
- Infections of the ears, nose or throat due to bacterial origin that includes otitis media and tonsillitis
- Urinary tract infections, particularly recurrent cystitis
- Genital tract infections that includes post treatment after the childbirth or abortion
- Infections inside the abdomen that includes peritonitis
- Any infections of the skin and soft tissue due to bacteria that includes cellulitis and animal bites